Thursday 1 December 2016

GCI Experince 2016

Google Code-In Experience 

Hello everyone, 

This is my third year in Google Code-in competition. I am participating in Google code-in to know how an open-source community works. In these past years, I have been working with Sugar labs in GCI, and I have learned many things.

So, what is Google code-in?

 It is a pre-university contest, targeted for students ages 13 to 17. It offers a varieties of task.
 There are tasks for beginners also. There are 17 organization this time. There are 5 types  of tasks : Coding, Documentation / Training, Outreach / Research, Quality Assurance, and  User Interface. Participants also gets prizes like digital certificates, stickers, T-Shirts,  hoodies and even a trip to Google's HQ.

About Sugar Labs

Sugar labs is a learning community and also a software development company. It distributes these tools freely. It's software, Sugar, is a open-source and free desktop environment targeted to children for learning. 

Sugar is available as a Live CD and USB, installable through several Linux distros.

In these past 3 years, I have learned many things, like how to code better, problem solving, how to interact with communities, and how to fix some issues. I am willing to keep contributing to sugar labs even if I don't win. 

Sugar labs can help me, and of course younger minds in great ways. It helps students how to learn things.  


Thanks!



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment